How to setup your email on an Android device
This article will show you how to setup your new ZPos email on an Android device.
- Email Address
- Mail Server
- IMAP Server
- SMTP Server
Please note, this guide was written based on using a Google Nexus 7. It should be similar for all Android devices, but there may be some minor differences.
You can setup your Android device to receive mail from one of your mailboxes as follows:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > IMAP
- On the next screen enter your email address and your password, then press Manual Setup.
- It will then ask you what type of account it is, press IMAP.
- On the next page your Username and Password should be entered automatically for you, if it isn't then input the same email and password you used for step 2. After, For the Server, put
mail.zposmail.comthen set the Security Type to
SSL/TLSand set the Port Number to
993and press Next.
- On the next screen the SMTP Server should be filled in automatically to
mail.zposmail.com, if it isn't then input this address. Again, for the Security Type change it to
SSL/TLSand change the port to
465. Also make sure the Require sign-in box is checked.
- Next, make sure all boxes are ticked, and press Next. Now you are able to enter an account name (You can either leave it as your email or change it to your business name). You can also change your name that is displayed on outgoing messages, we recommend setting it to your business name.
- Your account has now been created. To access it, head to the Email app and select your new account. Send a test email to another email you have access to, and also send an email from another email address to your new email to test it is working correctly.